The UK and Ireland has been divided into planting or hardiness zones it’s good to have some idea of what zone you are in to get a guide for what will grow well when. I got this map from Wikipedia they have lots of great information about this.
- 7. In Scotland the Grampians, Highlands and locally in the Southern Uplands, in England the Pennines and in Wales the highest part of Snowdonia.
- 8. Most of England, Wales and Scotland, parts of central Ireland, and Snaefell on the Isle of Man.
- 9. Most of western and southern England and Wales, western Scotland, also a very narrow coastal fringe on the east coast of Scotland and northeast England (within 5 km of the North Sea), London, most of Ireland, and most of the Isle of Man.
- 10. Very low lying coastal areas of the southwest of Ireland and the Isles of Scilly.
- The chart here shows the temperature range for each zone.